10TH AMENDMENT, LOBBYING AND LEGISLATIONWhen we understand the problem, the next step is to become organized and then move into action.
- They don't teach you in school that our government can be changed every 2 years through elections and interim elections.
- Term limits are a solution to government corruption. Many career politicians will do anything to stay in office and they become corrupt, so limiting terms of service is a protection against this.
- We have been propagandized into believing in the 2 party system when they are really the same party, most of the time.
- The federal government must be exposed as extortionists.
- Separation of Powers: Legislators can ignore judicial decisions (even the Supreme Court). Legislators control the 'power of the purse' as they control the budget. Judges may be impeached by the legislative branch (even the Supreme Court Justices- if they fail to exhibit "good behavior").
- The United Nations was created by collectivists to implement tyranny. It's time for the US to get out of the UN and nullify all unConstitutional treaties, as they are a violation under Article 1, Section 10.
- You can make a difference on a local level, in your hometown, and then expand upward to the state and national level.
Enumerated powers (abridged/ partial list) of the federal government Article 1, Section 8:
- Borrowing money on the credit of the US
- Uniform taxation
- Commerce with foreign nations, Indian tribes and between states
- Establish uniform laws on naturalization and bankruptcy
- Provide punishment for counterfeiting
- Post Offices and post roads
- Promote science and useful arts and patents for authors and inventors
- Creating tribunals (courts) inferior to the supreme Court
- Piracy and felonies on the high seas
- Declaration of War
- Raising armies and maintaining a navy
- Providing for a militia
- Provide for governing of the military
- Authority over needful buildings like arsenals
- Laws to protect these powers
The 10th Amendment states: "The Powers that are not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited to it by the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
This means that all powers outside of those enumerated in Article 1, Section 8, belong to the State.
This article includes model legislation and maps of the states that are involved in asserting their sovereignty.
These 10th Amendment nullification efforts include:
- 10th Amendment Resolutions
- 10th Amendment Bills
- Firearms Freedom Act
- Medical Marijuana Laws
- REAL ID
- Health Care Freedom Act
- Bring Home the Guard
- Constitutional Tender
- Cap and Trade
- Federal Funds Act
- Sheriffs First Legislation
- Federal Gun Laws
- Regulation of Intrastate Commerce
LOCAL GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS:
The good news here is that ICLEI (International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives) or Local Governments for Sustainablility can be thwarted ight in your own city and county! You have access to these entities right in your own backyard.
Actions to take:
- Educate your local officials (free downloadable documents and information from www.FreedomAdvocates.org)
- You can educate your community and build alliances. Click here for model legislation to get rid of ICLEI.
- If your local government officials don't respond, vote them out or sue them!